Iran Marine Industrial Company, Sadra, is building 10 offshore platforms to develop the remaining phases of the giant South Pars Gas Field in the Persian Gulf, the deputy for development and engineering at the National Iranian Oil Company said.
"The company is expected to launch the platform of Phase 22 of the gas field which is shared by Iran and Qatar by June," Gholamreza Manouchehri was quoted as saying by Shana on Sunday. According to Manouchehri, the platforms for phases 22-24 as well as 13 and 14, each with a capacity to extract 14 million cubic meters per day of gas per day, are being built in the company's industrial section in South Pars," he noted. Following the erasing of international sanctions in January 2016, new funding has been allocated for the mega project and South Pars development work is on schedule, the official said.
Iranian firms have the capacity to provide up to 70% of equipment needed by South Pars Phase 11, which is due to be developed by France’s Total and its partners, chairman of the board of directors of Iranian Petroleum Industries Equipment Manufacturers Association said.
A new monthly record on oil tanker traffic in South Pars in Asalouyeh, Bushehr Province, has been registered, which shows a sharp rise in the volume of gas condensate trade.
Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said on Sunday the country's oil output has increased by 165,000 barrels per day in the last 10 months compared with the corresponding period of last year.
Iran is squeezing record volumes of gas from two offshore phases of the giant South Pars Gas Field in the Persian Gulf, as falling temperatures in the next few weeks are expected to drive domestic consumption of the fuel.
In line with plans to boost liquefied petroleum gas exports, work is underway to build an exclusive loading pier for liquefied petroleum gas, or LPG, at Tombak Port, approximately 50 kilometers north of the port of Asalouyeh in southern Iran, an official at Pars Oil and Gas Company said.
Iran's landmark gas deal with French energy firm Total is moving ahead, Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said in a statement, lending confidence to the country's biggest energy contract since the lifting of sanctions in Jan. 2016.